- Rogue sales increase 54.3 percent in June, 36.3 percent for the year
- Rogue enhancements for the 2016 model year include available Forward Emergency Braking (FEB), Motion-Activated Power Liftgate, NissanConnectSM Services powered by SiriusXM and Siri™ Eyes Free
- 2016 Rogue available at Nissan dealers nationwide in fall 2015
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – 07.09.2015 – As Nissan readies to launch the 2016 Nissan Rogue this fall, demand for the boldly designed crossover has never been higher – a trend that is expected to continue with a number of significant enhancements for the new model year.
Totally redesigned just two years ago, Rogue adds to its already impressive suite of available safety, security and convenience features with the addition of available Forward Emergency Braking (FEB), a Motion-Activated Power Liftgate, Siri™ Eyes Free and new telematics services. Additional changes to the Rogue lineup will be announced later in the 2016 model year.
“The crossover segment, particularly small crossovers, is the hottest part of the automotive market right now,” said Fred Diaz, senior vice president, Sales & Marketing and Operations, U.S.A., Nissan North America, Inc. “The Nissan Rogue is leading the sales growth pace and has not yet shown us the upper limits of the potential in the market.”
The Rogue nameplate has experienced seven consecutive year-over-year sales gains since its launch in 2007. From first full-year sales of 73,000 units in 2008 to nearly 200,000 unit sales last year, Rogue has been one of the hottest-selling small crossovers in the U.S. market.
Sales of Rogue and the all-new Murano are leading Nissan’s recent sales surge, with Murano sales up 73.8 percent in June and Rogue up 54.3 percent (versus June 2014 sales). The 2016 Maxima, which went on sale in early June, is already showing strong consumer interest.
As in the previous two years, the 2016 Rogue combines emotive styling, a premium interior created with comfort and multi-tasking in mind, and an array of available affordable technologies. Rogue again offers optional 3-row/7-passenger seating, along with exceptional passenger and cargo flexibility with its innovative EZ Flex Seating System™ and innovative Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System.
The engine is matched with an advanced Xtronic transmission. Rogue comes in three well-equipped models: S, SV and SL, each in a choice of front-wheel or all-wheel drive.
Nissan‘s advanced Forward Emergency Braking (FEB), which is usually found on more expensive luxury vehicles, uses radar technology to monitor speed and proximity to the vehicle ahead. It is available now on Murano and Maxima.
Specific Rogue enhancements for 2016 include:
- Forward Emergency Braking (FEB) added to Rogue SL Premium Package
- Motion-Activated Power Liftgate added to Rogue SL
- NissanConnect Services powered by SiriusXM added to Rogue SL
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) functionality changed from camera-based to radar-based
- Siri™ Eyes Free added to Nissan Rogue SV Premium Package and Rogue SL
- Body-colored outside mirrors with integrated turn signals and chrome door handles added to Rogue S Appearance Package
- Addition of one new exterior color: Magnetic Black