nissan forums   nissan forums

Go Back   Nissan Forum > Nissan Forums (Nissan Cars) > Nissan Micra Forum

Nissan Forum: Nissan Micra Engine Rattle - Help Requested!

Old 04-04-2015, 08:29 AM

Default Nissan Micra Engine Rattle - Help Requested!

Hi guys and gals,

I am hoping there is a avid Micra engine lover on these Forums who might be able to assist me!

My Nissan Micra works absolutely fine, but there is a terrible rattle in the engine which gets faster as you rev or accelerate. I am terrible with cars so instead of typing hundreds of paragraphs explaining the problem, I have simply uploaded a video that shows the problem.

My car:

2006 Nissan Micra 1.5 DCI 5 Door

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSE7Ns65okI

Any information or advise would be much appreciate, if you require any other information from me, I will do my best to provide

- Sam

Old 04-09-2015, 01:19 PM

Default Anyone?

Anyone have any ideas?

- Sam

Old 04-22-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scl83 View Post
Anyone have any ideas?

- Sam

That sounds like a diesel engine. The rattle sounds like valve rockers. Either they need adjustment or your camshaft lobes are worn. Either case the valve cover has to be removed to chech it. Does your diesel have a turbo? If not try a thicker oil like 20w50. The noise may subside. This oils like most synthetic oils will cause a lot of rattle especially in older engines, or should I say engines with a lot of mileage.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:29 AM

Default Thanks to Capt

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainzen View Post
That sounds like a diesel engine. The rattle sounds like valve rockers. Either they need adjustment or your camshaft lobes are worn. Either case the valve cover has to be removed to chech it. Does your diesel have a turbo? If not try a thicker oil like 20w50. The noise may subside. This oils like most synthetic oils will cause a lot of rattle especially in older engines, or should I say engines with a lot of mileage.

Thanks so much for your reply Capt!

I will try a thicker oil for sure but this car does not have Turbo. This car has done alot of mileage so its my best option to date. If all goes well I will let you know
Old 05-28-2015, 10:33 PM

So did the thicker oil make it quieter?

Tags
engine, knocking, micra, rattle