nissan forums   nissan forums

Go Back   Nissan Forum > Nissan Forums (Nissan Cars) > Nissan Micra Forum

Notices

Nissan Forum: Fuse for tailgate lock - Micra 2008

Old 04-27-2017, 12:10 AM

Default Fuse for tailgate lock - Micra 2008

Hello.
I'm wondering if there is a specific fuse for the tailgate lock of my 2008 Micra.
The electric lock on my Micra tailgate is faulty and has bouts of going crazy, yet again. I had it replaced just over a year ago, at great expense, and it has developed the same fault again. This time I plan to try replacing the switch myself, once I get a chance to buy a new switch, a soldering iron and some solder.
In the meantime, is there a fuse in the 2008 Micra that is for the tailgate electric lock? I am hoping there is and I can take that out in for now to stop the door frequently clicking away and opening randomly.

If there is, please tell me where to find i andwhich fuse it is. I can't find anything about it in diagrams etc, so perhaps there isn't one for that tailgate switch but, as it is electrical, I assume there must be.

One thing that really puzzles me about this fault in the lock, though not something I actually need an answer to, is that the car has electric/central locking but it does not have electric opening of the tailgate, I therefore can see how a faulty electric lock switch can keep randomly locking and unlocking the tailgate but how does it manage to actually open the mechanical lock catch every time too?

Anyway, hoping someone can tell me if there is a fuse I can take out in the meantime and, if there is, which fuse it is.

Thanks.

Tags
fuses, lock, tailgate