nissan forums   nissan forums

Go Back   Nissan Forum > Nissan Forums (Nissan Trucks and SUVs) > Nissan Frontier Forum

Nissan Forum: new to site and a few questions

Old 02-11-2014, 03:33 AM

Default new to site and a few questions

I haveused this site over the past couple of years for refference and have always found what I was looking for. I have owned a 2001 frontier xe auto 4 cyl for several years. I loved the truck and the way it drove. One of the best vehicles I had owned. Since ill be setting up to start hunting I wanted to get a 4x4 and slightly bigger engine just in case. I live in fl. Not to bad around here but some areas can get sketchy. I sold the truck and it was a bitter ending. Had the truck running good, line x the bed bumpers and flares. And was real good. After searching for a while for a 4x4 I came across another frontier with same year and 10k less miles at just under 94k. Only draw back was it was dented all over the passenger side from their other truck. So they said. Good news was their was no frame damage and was more causmetic than anything. Wanted to take it to a mechanic but was unable to as another buyer was their to pay on the spot as well. We paid 5k cash. Great deal. Only issue was abs lighton. Brakes worked fine though and no other issues. We test drove the heck out of it. Now the good stuff.

Went to get a code for abs and nothing popped except for a knock sensor. No other secondary code popped with I. So just neds replacement. Also needs no pads as they startedx squeeking yesterday. I have had this roughly 2 weeks. Today I noticed when shifting from park or any point to different gear. Even drive you can hear it loudly. And the shifter has some play within the gear but no slippage. Not sure if its common for this or normal. But it goes and sits in gear fine. Abs light I think is just the sensor needs cleaning. It goes on and off. On if its warm and off if its cold outside. Sometimes a little random.

Well I'm sure ill have more questions but this is a good start. Replacing the sensor Monday but the shifting is odd. Never owned a 4x4 so wounder if its normal for it to be loud to switch between park nuetral, reverse and drive. Thanks.