nissan forums   nissan forums

Go Back   Nissan Forum > Nissan Forums (Nissan Trucks and SUVs) > Nissan Hardbody Forum

Nissan Forum: Nissan note paintwork

Old 04-27-2013, 06:28 AM

Exclamation Nissan note paintwork

I have a new Nissan Note bought 18 months ago and last August the lacquer started peeling off the front bumper. I returned it to the dealer who said they had not seen anything like this before and that it was covered under warranty. They took it in, stripped off all the lacquer and re did it. All was well until about a month ago when it started to bubble and peel off again.

I was really upset to say the least, even more so now as they said they have re done this but only as a goodwill gesture as the warranty refused to cover it a second time and if it happens again it is down to me!

They say it happens due to stone chips flying up and hitting the bumper and that they have never seen this happen before. Surely the bumper is therefore faulty and not fit for purpose?

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else?

Old 04-27-2013, 02:30 PM

can you post pic's?
peeling is not from rock chips, the bumper has something on it and/or it was not prepped correctly prior to painting. That bumper should have been replaced not stripped & repainted, and I doubt it was stripped, more like sanded and painted. I would take it back and tell them you want the Nissan Rep. to check it out and that you are not happy, and/or call Nissan...
Old 04-28-2013, 01:38 AM

ive seen that flaking on vehicles that are primarily driven on the highway for years, but nothing that new should be flaking like that. should be covered under warranty again but ive heard Nissan can be miserable to deal with regarding this stuff sometimes

1979 Supra 4ME 5spd- weekend daily
1991 Toyota Crown Royal Saloon- daily
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 AM

Default Paintwork

Thanks for the replies. I don't know how to post photos unfortunately but when I asked why they had not replaced the bumper they said the paint would not match and this is why it had to ne stripped and recoated. Also Nissan took the photos I don't have them.

I have emailed customer service as originally they refused to deal with it and kept suggeting it was what I had cleaned it with or that I must have jet washed the car!

I wrote an email to the CEO of Nissan UK and suddenly they took action. (This was the first time). Have emailed the person at customer services to let them know what happened this time so will have to wait and see.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 PM

What is a Nissan Note?
Trouble Codes for Nissan 1988-1995: http://nissanforum.org/nissan-forum/showthread.php?t=23202
Old 04-28-2013, 11:09 PM

European and Japanese model

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Note

1979 Supra 4ME 5spd- weekend daily
1991 Toyota Crown Royal Saloon- daily
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM

the Note is coming to the USA and I would assume Canada also, in the next month or two..
Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 PM

Is it a plastic bumper? If so the toxins could be leeching off and causing the paint to peel.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 PM

yes they are plastic...

Tags
bumper, lacquer, note, paintwork