nissan forums   nissan forums

Go Back   Nissan Forum > Nissan Forums (Nissan Cars) > Nissan Altima Forum

Nissan Forum: 2006 altima 2.5

Old 12-11-2015, 02:12 AM

Default 2006 altima 2.5

hi guys, i'm new to the forum.

i bought a 06 altima 2.5

3rd cylinder was bad and i decided to replace the engine,the car was running almost perfect except the 3rd cylinder. the compression on that cylinder was 40 psi.

i bought the same engine from a junkyard.

i replaced it myself and it was a pia took almost 2 days to get the new one on place.

after all i couldnt start it

it cranks fine- engine sounds good when cranking but no start

first day after too many attempts ignition fuse was blown and i replaced it

second day (theres spark on all cylinders) after too many attempts i realised gas not coming to engine anymore.
i checked the fuse of fuel pump its ok, also replaced fuel pump relay with another same kind relay still pump doesnt work.

third day i took all the sensor off from the old engine (it was still running good with 3 cyl) and put them on the new engine no change !!!!!

fourth day i get in the car turn key to on position, i still can not hear pump but engine fan comes on directly, alarm indicator led stops blinking and stays on

i did not drive the car for long time and i dont know its behaviors but it doesnt sound normal to me, i messed something or it needs to be reprogrammed or something

notes :

when i was placing the new engine on it i made a few scratches on the flywheel i couldnt see any sensors on it but just an information

my alarm remote is not working (it wasnt working before i replaced the engine) i dont know if i need to lock and unlock the doors to set the alarm system off before starting first time.

i am pretty sure i never damaged any cables and the battery was not connected when i was replacing engine. i dont get any codes obd scanner.

Anyone has any advice for me ???

Tags
engine, engine swap, starting problems